[Libs-Or] ACRL-OR Professional Development Scholarships -- Applications due Friday, July 31st!

Candise Branum cbranum at ocom.edu
Tue Jul 28 16:31:44 PDT 2020

Dear ACRL Oregon community,

Did you know ACRL-OR has a new round of remote professional development
scholarships?  This unique scholarship was created in response to Covid -19
to support the shift to remote conferences and other professional
development opportunities.

In our past round of remote scholarships, we gave multiple awards to folks
interested in a wide array of opportunities, including classes on topics
such as mindfulness and reduced stress, javascript, assessment, and RDA.
Participants had this to say about their experiences:

   -

   “I used what I learned to update my lesson plans and course materials
   and turn them into a tutorial website i can use for my online library
   instruction sessions.”
   -

   “This professional development activity gave me more knowledge about the
   LRM and the RDA toolkit.”
   -

   “I greatly appreciated the opportunity to participate in the Library
   Juice Academy's "Mindfulness for Reduced Stress" class in May 2020.”

The new round of scholarships is currently open, with applications due
Friday, July 31st.  See our FAQ
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HeguO0zF-N6xHLBoLSmjhwPII8pNKIxUm1kgovp270/edit?usp=sharing>
for
more information.  To apply, submit your application using our Google Form.
<https://forms.gle/LwYPiTSspp2NRtp37>

*Candise Branum*
Director of Library Services
Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM)
503-253-3443 x134 <(503)%20253-3443>   |   75 NW Couch Street, Portland, OR
97209
<https://maps.google.com/?q=75+NW+Couch+Street,+Portland,+OR+97209&entry=gmail&source=g>
|   library.ocom.edu

*Pronouns: She, her, hers**Want to donate? Check out our book wishlist
<http://a.co/7TjGlRX>*