[Libs-Or] Rogue Valley Women's Movement | Sunday June 28 by Zoom at 4p

Maureen Battistella mbattistellaor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 13:28:53 PDT 2020

While the 1940s saw women in pants and in the factories, in the 1950s women
were back at home making Betty Crocker boxed cakes, tightly girdled to
present a classic hourglass shape. Women burned their bras in the 60s,
marched the streets in protest and a new, radical feminist awareness was
born. Thanks to funding from the Oregon Heritage Commission, I've been
documenting second wave feminism here in Southern Oregon over the course of
the year.

Join me by Zoom on Sunday, June 28 at 4p at the Jackson County public
library and see how Southern Oregon women found new ways to rock the world,
and understand the impact their activism has had on today's culture and
political awareness. Registration required at
https://jcls.libcal.com/event/6614885

Want more? Laurie Kurutz, Southern Oregon University Theatre Program will
present on Oregon's Burlesque Tradition: Yesterday and Today, Sunday July 26
at 4p, again by Zoom

Co-sponsored by Southern Oregon University, Oregon Heritage Commission,
American Association of University Women Ashland Branch and Jackson County
Library Services in 2020, the Year of the Woman and Centennial of Suffrage.

Maureen Flanagan Battistella

Southern Oregon University Sociology Anthropology

Ashland, OR 97520

TA117 541-552-0743