[Libs-Or] Curbside Service

Laura Chipman lchipman at coastlinelibrarynetwork.org
Mon Jun 29 10:29:25 PDT 2020

Hi Lynn,

North Bend Public Library is currently offering curbside service
We are offering curbside service Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 11am to 1pm and 4pm to 6pm
Curbside service is by appointment only. A staff member is assigned to contact the patron and set up an appointment. We also take phone calls between 10 and 6 and can set up appointments then. Appointments are scheduled in 15-minute blocks, with only two appointments allowed per 15 minutes. Patrons are instructed to pull into one of the two parking places we have marked off for curbside, stay in their car, and roll down the passenger side window. Patrons are asked to call the library when they arrive for their appointment and a staff member will bring the items to them. Patrons are encouraged to be on time. If they miss their slot, they will be required to make another appointment.
A staff member is scheduled at 10am to check out materials to the patrons who are scheduled between 11 and 1. Another staff member does the same thing at 3 for appointments between 4 and 6.
We currently have about 6 full and part time people working, not usually all of them on the same day. Not all of us are assigned to curbside service. Some of us work more exclusively on programming for Summer Reading. Staff members are assigned in 1 hour blocks to answer phones or run items out to cars. Calling patrons to schedule curbside appointments can take several hours.
I hope this answers some of your questions.

Laura Chipman, Youth Librarian
North Bend Public Library
1800 Sherman Ave.
North Bend,OR 97459