[Libs-Or] Is there any discussion in the library community about the EOU Pierce Library controversy?

Bryan Miyagishima miyagib at linnbenton.edu
Mon Jun 29 11:53:48 PDT 2020

A friend of mine who works at EOU let me know what's going on with possibly
renaming the library
<https://www.lagrandeobserver.com/news/local/eou-still-considering-name-change-for-pierce-library/article_f744ee4c-aa79-11ea-90d8-0b3f78cb9a88.html>.
I'd like to know if there's any discussions within OLA or ACRL-OR taking
place as to whether the greater library community could lend support to
this cause. And I suppose I'd like to know if the associations are taking a
neutral stance and why.

I know that various of our groups have done advocacy work many times in the
past for individual libraries. It could be that we could do some advocacy
for EOU students and faculty as well in this particular case.

Bryan Miyagishima, Linn-Benton Community College Library