[Libs-Or] VIRTUAL Day of History in Ashland on Sunday March 15

Maureen Battistella mbattistellaor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:13:25 PDT 2020

The in-person Day of History on Sunday March 15 has been cancelled but we
invite you to participate in a Virtual Day of History on Sunday March 15
from noon to 5p! We will be streaming live on Facebook and videotaping so
that we can bring forward the voices of women who lived here in the 1970s
and 1980s, and showcase the voices of the young women who are our leaders of
tomorrow. For more information and a link to the live stream on Sunday visit
www.StoriesofSouthernOregon.com

Also on the www.StoriesofSouthernOregon.com website are the oral histories
of some of the women who changed the world in the 1970s and 1980s. We've got
about 10 there now with more coming every day. Subscribe to get alerts when
new stories are published.

In what may be an excess of caution, we have decided to cancel the physical,
collective audience Day of History event on Sunday, March 15 at the Ashland
Public Library. After consulting with Dr. Jim Shames, we feel we should
follow his recommendation that if we cannot assure a safe, 3 feet of social
distance, then the elderly and immunocompromised are at risk. And perhaps it
is a good time to reinforce the habits we need to protect public health
right now.

This project is only made possible thanks to a grant from the Oregon
Heritage Commission and the support of Jackson County Library Services, AAUW
Ashland and Southern Oregon University.

Maureen.

Maureen Flanagan Battistella
Southern Oregon University Sociology Anthropology
Ashland, OR 97520
TA117 541-552-0743