[Libs-Or] Wednesday virtual meetup - Having difficult conversations with patrons

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Tue May 26 09:08:08 PDT 2020

Hello Oregon library community,

Join Greta and me tomorrow (Wed.) at noon for this week's Topic Talk - Having difficult conversations with patrons. How do you handle questions like "Why can't I just go look at that shelf and pick what I want?" or "Why are you wearing a mask?" Our colleague Joel Henderson will also join us - he's been the primary one manning the Talking Books library phone line every day and has had a lot of challenging conversations the past 10 weeks. Joel will share a few of his strategies for working with the public in challenging moments and some ideas for making sure you are getting the resources you need as you help the public.

Details on joining the meeting - as well as info about upcoming Topic Talks - are at the State Library's COVID-19: Information for Oregon Libraries guide<PAGE%20URL:%20https:/libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus/meetups>. (And FYI, this meeting will be recorded and available for those not able to attend in person.)

Hope to see you then!
-Tamara

Tamara Ottum
(she/her)
State Library of Oregon | Library Support & Development Services
*COVID-19 info for libraries: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus
tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us> | 503-378-6506<tel:%20(503)%20378-6506> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow @StateLibraryOR on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest