[Libs-Or] Call for proposals: North American Virtual Reference Online Conference (Feb 23-25)
OTTUM Tamara * SLO
Tamara.OTTUM at slo.oregon.gov
Tue Nov 10 10:00:45 PST 2020
The North American Virtual Reference Online Conference (NAVROC)<https://www.navronline.org/home> is accepting proposals for our free conference Tuesday-Thursday, Feb 23-25, 2021.
We are seeking proposals for 45 minute sessions and 20 minute lightning talks from virtual reference providers relating to our theme, Adaptability: Thriving in Uncertain Times. These sessions will comprise the 2-3 hour time frame of each conference day. Because this is a virtual conference, presenters can present from anywhere as long as they have a stable internet connection.
To submit a proposal, please fill out the proposal submission<https://forms.gle/HEkB9NihJ5TBcwQs7> form by November 30, 2020.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
* What changes/improvements have you successfully made because of the pandemic
* Innovations, new technologies, emerging platforms
* New partnerships - how were they formed, and how do they expand your service to your community
* Creative uses of video conferencing/screen sharing via chat
* Equity and Engagement
* Centering race in VR
* Mitigating microaggressions in chat
* Utilizing culturally-appropriate resources
* Engaging BIPOC staff and patrons
* Multi-lingual VR services
* How are you bridging the digital divide in your community?
* Marketing strategies for underserved patrons
* Improving accessibility
* Marketing and Promotion
* Integrating social media
* Best practices for online finding aids (LibGuides, websites)
* Marketing your service
* Telling your story with data
* Evaluation & Appraisal
* Service Evaluation
* Using ratings from users
* Self-care in a virtual pandemic world
* Wellness/Self care
* Emotional intelligence
* Privacy issues
* Creative solutions to staffing challenges
* Ergonomics at home
* Focusing on VR services in specific kinds of libraries (public, academic, government, etc.)
Questions? Let me know!
State Library of Oregon | Library Support & Development Services
tamara.ottum at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:tamara.ottum at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3543<http://971-375-3543/> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or