[Libs-Or] OLA Quarterly Author Showcase | Natalie Brant | History and Evolution of the Embedding Program at the State Library of Oregon

OLA Communications Committee olacommunications at olaweb.org
Mon Oct 26 12:07:19 PDT 2020

Natalie Brant is the Reference Coordinator at the State Library of Oregon.
Please download and read her latest article, “History and Evolution of the
Embedding Program at the State Library of Oregon,” here:
http://journals3.library.oregonstate.edu/olaq/article/view/vol26_iss2_9

>From Natalie’s Article, “This article will describe what the embedding
program does, its history at the State Library, and how it has evolved over
time—including how important it has been for connecting with state agencies
and offering our services and resources within our new reality of remote
work. I will outline how the embedding program came to be, how it was
developed, describe how it creates stronger connections with our state
agency patrons and the various outreach programs we have developed to
promote the program. I will also provide some examples of what has worked,
and what has not, in the program.”

Natalie Brant has been a Reference Librarian at the State Library of Oregon
for the last three years. Prior to this position, she was the Head of the
Library Services at the Open Society Foundations in New York City. She
graduated from the Pratt Institute with her MLIS in 2010. In her free time,
she runs a whiskey club for women in Salem and raises chickens in her
backyard.

Thank you,
Charles Wood
OLA Quarterly Coordinator