[Libs-Or] Registration for - Misinformation, Fake News and Political Propaganda coming soon.

dcohen at hevanet.com dcohen at hevanet.com
Mon Sep 28 07:00:16 PDT 2020

Try out my new virtual Civics workshops!

Misinformation, Fake News and Political Propaganda

 Are you overwhelmed with messages from politicians, news sources and other
media? Distinguish truth from fiction using real-world examples. Become your
own "factchecker"! Also, how to find accurate information.

"Well organized, excellent information!"

"This was fun and informative! Thank you so much!"

"Loved it...well-rounded, wide array of examples!"

 October 13, 10-11:30 Sponsored by Cook Memorial Library. Registration link
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/misinformation-fake-news-and-political-propaga
nda-tickets-122749961439>
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/misinformation-fake-news-and-political-propagan
da-tickets-122749961439

Don't forget these timely workshops coming up in the next two weeks also!

Beyond Voting: Elections and Campaign Financing

Voting as Constitutional right(?), Voting Security, Voter Suppression,
Alternative Voting Systems, Redistricting, Electoral College, Campaign
Financing, Tracking Money/Campaign Finance Databases, Public Financing of
Elections.

October 6, 6:30-8:00 Sponsored by Bethany Community Library.

Registration link:
<https://wccls.bibliocommons.com/events/5f29ec8767d14c2e00bd6036>
https://wccls.bibliocommons.com/events/5f29ec8767d14c2e00bd6036

The Constitution: Fulfilling Democracy's Promise?

 We'll look at the Constitution's creation, trace major changes to its
interpretation, and then examine some structural limitations. We'll puncture
some myths and develop a perspective that helps evaluate its meaning more
thoughtfully in light of contemporary concerns.

October 15, 6:00-7:30 Sponsored by Sherwood Public Library.

Registration link:
<https://wccls.bibliocommons.com/events/5f5fd0256b896d4500367356>
https://wccls.bibliocommons.com/events/5f5fd0256b896d4500367356

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

dcohen at hevanet.com <mailto:dcohen at hevanet.com>

Civics for Adults - and Others - Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and
Inspire Political Engagement

Webpage www.civicthinker.info <http://www.civicthinker.info>

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/

"My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not
right, not just - stand up, say something, speak up!" Rep. John Lewis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY