[Libs-Or] Registration for The Constitution: Fulfilling Democracy's Promise? Check it out!

dcohen at hevanet.com dcohen at hevanet.com
Sun Sep 27 13:13:32 PDT 2020

The Constitution: Fulfilling Democracy's Promise?

 We'll look at the Constitution's creation, trace major changes to its
interpretation, and then examine some structural limitations. We'll puncture
some myths and develop a perspective that helps evaluate its meaning more
thoughtfully in light of contemporary concerns.

"Amazing what was done [the creation of the Constitution] and what issues
still remain."

"Every citizen should take this serious look at our Constitution."

"Good level of history and contemporary political ideas"

October 15, 6:00-7:30 Sponsored by Sherwood Public Library.

Registration link:
<https://wccls.bibliocommons.com/events/5f5fd0256b896d4500367356>
https://wccls.bibliocommons.com/events/5f5fd0256b896d4500367356

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

dcohen at hevanet.com <mailto:dcohen at hevanet.com>

Civics for Adults - and Others - Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and
Inspire Political Engagement

Webpage www.civicthinker.info <http://www.civicthinker.info>

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/

"My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not
right, not just - stand up, say something, speak up!" Rep. John Lewis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY