[Libs-Or] Bystander training

HANNING Darci C * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Apr 16 11:50:05 PDT 2021

Hi Kirsten and everyone,

I've heard very good things about Hollaback: https://www.ihollaback.org/ They offer a free Bystander Guide as well as some free webinars: https://www.ihollaback.org/harassmenttraining/

The State Library is also working with the Oregon DOJ to put together a Niche Academy tutorial that covers the new Bias Incident report hotline. You can learn more about their resources here: https://www.doj.state.or.us/oregon-department-of-justice/bias-crimes/about-the-law/ (look out for the auto-start video). I'm hopeful that the tutorial will also have some pieces addressing bystander action, etc.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
State Library of Oregon
darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3491
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/playlists>
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted