[Libs-Or] OLA Virtual Conference: Legal Reference Session to Be Held Twice!

LUDINGTON Sue R sue.ludington at lanecountyor.gov
Mon Apr 19 12:37:29 PDT 2021

Welcome to OLA Virtual Conference Week - woo hoo!!

We know you have a lot of sessions to choose from, but consider ours on Wednesday afternoon *which is competing against few other events*! And even better, we're going to repeat it on Friday!

You know that moment when a patron poses a complicated legal question or asks where to find a court filing form...do you feel like a deer in headlights and look around for another colleague to help? At our session, you'll learn the skills to breathe, focus, and reframe legal questions into something you really and truly can handle!

Join county law librarians Sue Ludington and Lee Van Duzer as they share tips, advice, and resources to get your patrons pointed in the right direction. With time to practice the legal reference interview, you'll leave this session with confidence knowing that you can help patrons, even when you don't actually answer their question.

Session: "Zen and the Art of Legal Reference: Answering the Question without Answering the Question"
Date/Time:

*         Wednesday, April 21, 2:45 - 3:45 pm (live with both Sue and Lee)

*         Friday, April 23, 1:30 - 2:30 pm (Wednesday's recorded session, but also live with Lee, who welcomes attendees to chat and ask questions during the replay!)

Hope you'll join us, and we look forward to seeing you around the conference!

Best,
Sue

Sue Ludington
Law Librarian