[Libs-Or] Beaverton City Library is Hiring! Supervisors, Collections Librarian, Seasonal Positions and more...
vcampbell at beavertonoregon.gov
Wed Apr 21 17:10:21 PDT 2021
Beaverton City Library is hiring and this is an exciting time to join BCL! After restructuring teams along functional lines, we are looking for new staff at a variety of levels to build on a tradition of excellence while continuing to adapt to meet our community's current and future needs. Check out the 6 positions below to see if you would like to join the Beaverton City Library team.
* Materials Supervisor<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beaverton/jobs/3055496/library-supervisor-materials?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs__;!!FKv5UbzFF59DNjfn2A!XHiFDzvmP0YYfwgebxb_Z-hq3kawPfwKCeohEdc-EdKZxL_5YfOWdf5g_9MgEeKbvkVQ9APPVhk$> - Closing: 5/9
* Public Services Supervisor<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beaverton/jobs/3051015/public-services-supervisor?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs__;!!FKv5UbzFF59DNjfn2A!XHiFDzvmP0YYfwgebxb_Z-hq3kawPfwKCeohEdc-EdKZxL_5YfOWdf5g_9MgEeKbvkVQXKanw6I$> - Closing: 5/9
* Collections Librarian<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beaverton/jobs/3048793/collections-librarian?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs__;!!FKv5UbzFF59DNjfn2A!XHiFDzvmP0YYfwgebxb_Z-hq3kawPfwKCeohEdc-EdKZxL_5YfOWdf5g_9MgEeKbvkVQprovi9Q$> (part-time) - Closing: 4/29
* Seasonal Reference Assistants<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beaverton/jobs/3050303/seasonal-reference-assistant?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs__;!!FKv5UbzFF59DNjfn2A!XHiFDzvmP0YYfwgebxb_Z-hq3kawPfwKCeohEdc-EdKZxL_5YfOWdf5g_9MgEeKbvkVQMVzNu54$> (part-time, summer only) - Closing: 4/29
* Bilingual (Spanish/English or Arabic/English) Reference Assistant (part-time) - Coming soon; should be posted here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.governmentjobs.com/careers/beaverton__;!!FKv5UbzFF59DNjfn2A!XHiFDzvmP0YYfwgebxb_Z-hq3kawPfwKCeohEdc-EdKZxL_5YfOWdf5g_9MgEeKbvkVQQ8Y2KB0$> by 4/26
More about the positions:
2 Supervisor positions: These full-time, exempt positions are part of the library's leadership team and also lead library-wide committees and initiatives and provide operational support to all library staff. A schedule that includes evening and weekend work is required.
* Materials Supervisor - The Materials Supervisor is responsible for supervising Library Assistant 1 staff working at the Main library and the day-to-day operations of the Circulation section of the Materials team including materials check-in, shelving, and processing of courier deliveries and patron holds.
* Public Services Supervisor - Are you a leader who is motivated to meet the challenge of a changing landscape in public libraries? Are you excited to supervise a team of event planners who serve a diverse community with events that inspire learning, discovery, exploration, and growth? Are your project management and communication skills top notch? If so, BCL's Public Services team wants to hear from you!
* Collections Librarian - Are you passionate about connecting adults with the latest and greatest in non-fiction reading material? We're seeking an enthusiastic and welcoming Collections Librarian and this position might be for you! This position oversees purchasing of non-fiction print and audio for adults at both of our locations. It also includes analyzing collection data, maintaining and withdrawing materials. It's part of our Collections Core, a small group of librarians who provide input and direction on collection development for BCL. This is a 20 hour/week position.
* Seasonal Reference Assistants - We're hiring two Reference Assistants to join our Public Services and Community Engagement teams for our busiest season of the year! If you are passionate about library public services, excited to share our summer reading programs with library visitors, thrive in a busy work environment, and excel at providing great customer service, we want to hear from you! These 20 hour/week positions will run from June 6- August 21.
* Bilingual Reference Assistant - Are you fluent in Spanish or Arabic and excited to work with the Beaverton community, especially speakers of that language? Are you enthusiastic about introducing people of all ages to everything the library has to offer? Are you passionate about fostering a love of reading in young children? If you answered yes to these questions, we'd love to hear from you! This is a 20 hour/week position.
Beaverton City Library's Leadership Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or