[Libs-Or] Fwd: ACRL-OR Professional Development Scholarship Winners

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 16:33:52 PDT 2021

Congratulations Tracy and Marci!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Candise Branum via Libs-Or <libs-or at omls.oregon.gov>
Date: Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 3:30 PM
Subject: [Libs-Or] ACRL-OR Professional Development Scholarship Winners

*Spring 2021 ACRL-Oregon Professional Development Scholarships* have been
awarded to Tracy Scharn and Marci Ramiro-Jenkins.

Tracy Scharn, who works as an Instruction and Outreach Librarian at the Oregon
Institute of Technology, used her scholarship to attend the ACRL National
Conference. Recently having started a new position at OIT, Scharn is
looking forward to strengthening her skills in instruction, as well as
learning new strategies around outreach, assessment, and diversity, equity
and inclusion (DEI).

Marci Ramiro-Jenkins works as a Reference Librarian/Latino Community
Liaison at McMinnville Public Library, as well as chairing the Oregon
Library Association’s EDI Anti Racism Committee. She will be using this
scholarship to help fund her online certification in Diversity & Inclusion
from Cornell University. As Ramiro-Jenkins points out, we lack “specialized
professionals on EDI and Antiracism… I believe having at least one
librarian collaborating with OLA and The State Library of Oregon, who
possess the right set of credentials, will foster the creation of new
initiatives on EDI and Antiracism for the whole library community.”

The ACRL-Oregon Professional Development Scholarship
<https://acrloregon.org/awards-scholarships/scholarships/#professional> is
designed to allow ACRL-OR members the chance to apply for awards to attend
conferences, workshops, courses, seminars, or other learning opportunities
multiple times throughout the year. You can learn more about the many
scholarship opportunities we provide on the ACRL-OR Scholarships page
<https://acrloregon.org/acrl-oregon-scholarships/>.

--

The ACRL-Oregon Scholarship Committee

Candise Branum, ACRL-OR Past President

David Isaak, Member at Large

Heidi Senior, Private Colleges Representative

Amy Stanforth, Member at Large

*Candise Branum*
Director of Library Services
Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM)
503-253-3443 x134 <(503)%20253-3443>   |   75 NW Couch Street, Portland, OR
97209
<https://maps.google.com/?q=75+NW+Couch+Street,+Portland,+OR+97209&entry=gmail&source=g>
|   library.ocom.edu

*Pronouns: she / her*

*I encourage and respect boundaries that support self-preservation,
well-being, care-taking, and personal time / time off.  **If you receive an
action-oriented email from me during a time when you are practicing and /or
engaged in these activities, please hold your response until you return to
work. *

--
-
Max Macias [image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in

Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>