[Libs-Or] Survey Invitation: Invisible Disabilities in Librarianship

HANNING Darci C * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Tue Apr 27 10:08:14 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm passing this along because I know there's a lot of interest on this topic. The presentation for Mississippi libraries mentioned below will be recorded and made generally available and I'll pass along the link to recording once it's available.

Hi, everyone! I'm Kayla Martin-Gant, Continuing Education Coordinator for the Mississippi Library Commission, and I'm conducting a survey on invisible disabilities among library workers. The purpose of this survey is to gather information on the breadth and nature of invisible disabilities among library workers of all institution types, as well as to learn how those library workers with disabilities have been affected by pandemic working conditions and what accommodations they would find most immediately beneficial to them in their positions.

The result of this survey will be included in an independent presentation at the 2021 Urban Librarians Conference (link to the panel summary here<http://bit.ly/kmgpanelulcon21>) as well as a presentation specifically geared toward Mississippi public libraries at a later date. Any personal identifying information provided will remain confidential.

If you're a librarian with an invisible disability/chronic condition, please consider sharing your experiences in the survey here: bit.ly/dislibsurvey<http://bit.ly/dislibsurvey>

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at kmartin-gant at mlc.lib.ms.us<mailto:kmartin-gant at mlc.lib.ms.us>.

Thank you,
Kayla
------------------------------
Kayla Martin-Gant
Continuing Education Coordinator
Mississippi Library Commission
She/Her/Hers
Cheers
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
State Library of Oregon
darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3491
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/playlists>
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

[cid:image001.png at 01D73B4C.D11DBFA0]