[Libs-Or] ALA's Libraries Transforming Communities Small & Rural Libraries grants

Robin thisisrobin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 17:22:06 PST 2021

Hi Everyone!

North Plains Public Library also received ALA's Libraries Transforming
Communities Grant and I highly recommend applying. Not only for the $3,000,
which is very helpful for a small library like ours, but to help
your library prioritize community conversation programs. There is so much
need for connection right now!

In North Plains, we used an already scheduled Q & A series as our model to
apply. This series, with topics such as mental resiliency and financial
wellness, was not gaining momentum and we wanted to reinvent it with the
help of this grant. We aim to bring our community together and address
pandemic loneliness over common interests such as gardening, travel, pet
care, and cooking. We are using the tools the grant provided to develop and
market these and the funds to purchase hotspots, laptops, and staffing.

The deadline is March 4th so there is still plenty of time to complete the
short application, and the ALA staff is available to provide guidance.

Warm wishes,

Robin Doughty, Library Director
North Plains Public Library