[Libs-Or] FW: [ARSL MEMBERS] Rural Library Fellowship

Penelope Hummel penny at pennyhummel.com
Sun Feb 21 13:10:00 PST 2021

Another opportunity for rural libraries and librarians!

Penny Hummel

PENNY HUMMEL CONSULTING

penny at pennyhummel.com | 503.890.0494 | www.pennyhummel.com

Ensuring that libraries survive and thrive in challenging times

From: <arsl at memberclicks-mail.net> on behalf of Wendy Johnston <members at arsl.memberclicks.net>
Date: Friday, February 19, 2021 at 12:08 PM
To: <penny at pennyhummel.com>
Subject: [ARSL MEMBERS] Rural Library Fellowship

Dear Fellow Librarians,

Partners for Education at Berea College is excited to invite you to apply for the Rural Library Fellowship. The application, along with information about the application process, can be found here.

I have included the updated letter below that extends the due date to March 12 and includes the information about the $5,000.00 award from Save the Children.

The Rural Library Network is growing https://bit.ly/3p4jP9L and individuals who are working in rural public libraries and interested in improving 3rd-grade reading outcomes are encouraged to apply for a Rural Library Fellowship here: http://bit.ly/2NwfcHN

Dear Fellow Librarians,

I’m excited to announce that the Rural Library Fellowship will now come with an additional $5,000 to support improving third grade reading outcomes. Our partner, Save the Children, has generously provided funding for all 22 Rural Library Fellows. More details about the Fellowship and our Rural Library Network can be found here: https://www.berea.edu/pfe/rural-library/

Our application deadline has been extended to March 12, 2021, so there’s plenty of time to take advantage of this unique opportunity. If you have questions about how to apply or just want to learn more about the Fellowship, please reach out to me.

I am available by email and can meet via Zoom tomorrow, February 19th, from 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm (EST). Please contact me to schedule other appointment times if necessary.

I am including links to the Zoom meetings as well as to our application page.

Sincerely,

Wendy Johnston

Program Manager, Rural Impact

johnstonw at berea.edu

Application: https://www.berea.edu/pfe/rural-library-fellowship/

Morning Zoom: https://berea.zoom.us/j/97994751552

Afternoon Zoom: https://berea.zoom.us/j/94610493196

Wendy D. Johnston, MLIS

Program Manager, Rural Impact

Partners for Education​

Berea College

johnstonw at berea.edu

http://partners.berea.edu

Berea CollegeBerea is the only one of America’s top colleges that awards every enrolled student a no-tuition promise. No student pays for tuition.partners.berea.edu

859--302-6998 Work Cell

606-425-3260 Personal Cell

CPO 2185

439 Walnut Meadow

Berea, KY  40404

The Association for Rural & Small Libraries • PO Box 33731, Seattle, Washington 98133, United States • 206-453-3579

Remove My Email •  Privacy Policy