[Libs-Or] OLA EDI Antiracism Survey

Alma Plasencia APlasencia at cityofsalem.net
Mon Feb 22 11:07:05 PST 2021

Hello, everyone –

I hope you are all well and keeping safe.

As you may know, the OLA Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (EDI) Antiracism Toolkit is available on the OLA Website (https://www.olaweb.org/<https://www.olaweb.org>) and State Library of Oregon (https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted/edi)

For our oncoming, free OLA preconference session (https://oregonlibconference.org/2021/preconference-programs/) on Thursday, April 8, 1:00-4:30pm, we ask that all Oregon library workers fill out the EDI Antiracism survey by March 19, 2021:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EDI-AntiRacism

Your responses will be anonymous, no names will be asked nor will we ask the name of your library. The first five questions are about race/ethnicity, type of library, library of setting, number of staff, and job title. The rest of the survey will cover EDI and Antiracism topics.

The goal of this survey is to determine where Oregon library workers are in the spectrum of EDI and Antiracism work. The results from the survey will be used in the committee’s interactive presentation at the 2021 OLA Conference to showcase the areas where Oregon libraries thrive and the areas where we need help moving forward when it comes to EDI and Antiracism work.

 If you have any further questions about the survey, please feel free to contact Marci Ramiro-Jenkins at Marci.Jenkins at mcminnvilleoregon.gov<mailto:Marci.Jenkins at mcminnvilleoregon.gov>

Best,

Alma Plasencia

Oregon Library Association EDI Anti-Racism Committee Co-Chair