[Libs-Or] Reminder: Writing Black History of the Pacific Northwest into Wikipedia

Bridges, Laurie laurie.bridges at oregonstate.edu
Mon Feb 22 12:14:15 PST 2021

Please join us on Friday, February 26th, at 1:00 for a keynote presentation from Dr. Alexandria Lockett of Spelman College followed by an editathon. Attend all or part of the event! Registration will close one hour before the event, so register now<https://guides.library.oregonstate.edu/PNW2021>! Cosponsored by the non-profit, AfroCROWD.

Event Agenda can be found on our Wikipedia Meetup Page<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/OregonStateUniversity/BlackHistoryPNW2021#Event_Agenda>. We have identified over 20 Wikipedia articles in need of improvement – we have compiled online folders of information, that will be shared during the event (So, you don’t even have to do research! We’ve compiled everything for you in advance!). Checkout the articles we’ve identified<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/OregonStateUniversity/BlackHistoryPNW2021#Short_articles_to_improve_about_the_Pacific_Northwest>!

[cid:image001.png at 01D70914.3BDF3A00]

Thank you! The OSU Wiki Team: Laurie Bridges, Diana Park, Tiah Edmunson-Morton, Ally Fripp

Laurie Bridges
Instruction and Outreach Librarian / Associate Professor
Oregon State University