[Libs-Or] PBS Books Webinar about Free HEMINGWAY Programming

Heather-Marie Montilla hmontilla at pbsbooks.org
Mon Jan 18 12:05:50 PST 2021

Dear Library Colleague,

During our December webinar, PBS Books shared the various activities that
we are planning in advance of Ken Burns and Lynn Novick’s *HEMINGWAY
*documentary--virtual
events, book lists, a national book club conversation with Ken, a virtual
exhibition featuring library Heminway books and ephemera, etc.  We are
excited about the documentary; we want you to learn about our plans and
hear about what you want. The meeting will be on Friday, *January 22 at
12:30pm ET.*

Several library partners have requested having an opportunity to speak with
the filmmakers about their work. As you know, PBS Books always tries to
respond to your requests.  We listened—and we’ve planned an *EXCLUSIVE
event* for you and your library colleagues across the country (this is ONLY
intended for library staff and educators).

So here is the deal, PBS Books will host a virtual conversation about
*HEMINGWAY *with filmmaker Lynn Novick and Sarah Botstein and a
presentation for ways you can get involved and activate conversations
around Ernest Hemingway and his work.

*Schedule for January 22*

12:30-1:00pm

   - Conversation with filmmakers Lynn Novick & Sarah Botstein
   - Q & A period for library staff

1:00-1:30pm

   - Opportunities for library engagement led by Heather Montilla, Library
   Bureau Chief of PBS Books

*Description*

This lunchtime event will feature a discussion with filmmakers Lynn Novick
and Sarah Botstein and a question and answer period for librarians, with
additional time from 1:00-1:30pm, providing information on how to best
engage your library community with all things Hemingway at PBS Books over
the course of the next several months from virtual conversations to the
National Book Club event to a virtual exhibition made up of library books
from around the country.

*What do I need to do?*

Space is limited, so register in advance for this webinar:

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_XW0VtUPATV2rC0ND3Jo78w

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar. If you do not, please email me.  All
registrants will receive the taped version link within 48 business hours of
the event.

Feel free to email me with questions or call me at 917.721.6910. You may
also reach out to Jacob Phillips at PBS Books at jphillips at dptv.org.

Best,

Heather-Marie

--