[Libs-Or] From the ALA Ethnic and Multicultural Info Exchange Round Table: BCALA Black History Month survey

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Jan 27 09:12:12 PST 2021

Hello, I'm forwarding this message along for our public libraries, but I thought other types of libraries might be interested in knowing about this research project as well. If you are a public library and wish to participate, see below info. If you have questions, the research team's contact info is accessible at the link.

Best,

Greta

The message below was recently posted on the ALA Ethnic and Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table (EMIERT) list:

The Black Caucus of the ALA (BCALA) invites you to participate in a study on Black History Month (BHM) Programming.

While virtually every public library across the U.S. conducts some program during BHM, there has never been a systematic study to assess the content, scope, target age groups, and focus of that programming.  A planning grant from IMLS has allowed BCALA to bring together partners from key American Library Association Divisions and Offices, the Association for the Study of African American Life and History, the University of Michigan's Program for Research on Black Americans, and other experts in the field to explore and catalog current BHM programming. In order to participate in the survey, you must work at a public library in the United States or one of the US Territories.  You can access the survey at bit.ly/365LTSJ<https://bit.ly/365LTSJ>

Please complete the survey by March 1, 2021. You are more than welcomed to share this survey with your networks.