[Libs-Or] Library Reading Outreach position open in Clatsop County
emoberg at cityofseaside.us
Thu Jun 10 13:14:43 PDT 2021
We are hiring! Come work independently with a crackerjack team on the Oregon Coast!
Libraries Reading Outreach in Clatsop County (ROCC) Independent Contractor
What is ROCC? Established in 2009, Libraries Reading Outreach in Clatsop County is a non-profit 501c3 that coordinates library programs and services for youth ages 0-19 in the unincorporated areas of Clatsop County that do not have established library services. The three main goals of Libraries ROCC are: a library card in the hands of every child in Clatsop County, a countywide summer reading program, and coordinated courier services helping provide materials returned for youth in the program. There is an executive board that oversees Libraries ROCC and ROCC holds a small endowment through the Oregon Community Foundation. The North Coast Library Cooperative was formed in 2020 as a direct result of Libraries ROCC services.
The qualified Libraries Outreach Contractor will have experience in running programs, and providing outreach in a Library setting. An MLS degree or experience equivalent is preferred. Must be able to bend, lift, carry up to 30 lbs and otherwise perform the job duties as required. Must be able to work as an independent contractor.
The role of the ROCC Outreach Coordinator is to assist the Libraries in ROCC (Astoria Public Library, Seaside Public Library, and Warrenton Community Library) in partnership with the five school districts in Clatsop County; with planning, administering, coordinating, and evaluating the outreach services for ROCC including library cards for all kids in Clatsop County, courier services (provided through Orbis Cascade Alliance and the Northwest Regional ESD), outreach to children and their families in Clatsop County, and leading the coordinated efforts of the annual Countywide Summer Reading Program.
In addition, the contractor will bring advanced planning, fundraising, outreach, and evaluation skills in partnership with local library staff to continue management of the ROCC program.
Major activities of the ROCC Outreach Coordinator will include:
* Plan, administer, and give feedback regarding the Outreach Program, library cards for kids, and countywide Summer Reading, in collaboration with the public Library Directors, library staff, and North Coast Library Cooperative. Organize and conduct outreach and SRP promotion including public information.
* Meet 8-10 times throughout the year with the Libraries' Youth Services staff; schedule and facilitate meetings to coordinate countywide ROCC efforts including Summer Reading.
* Meet with the executive board at 5-12 meetings a year, take minutes when in attendance, and present monthly progress updates to the executive board regarding ROCC.
* Provide written evaluative summary report of ROCC's countywide Summer Reading program annually in August or September as well as providing a summary of the previous ROCC year (annual report) to Library directors that provides the contractor's perspective on the program and areas of positive growth or need for improvement.
* Coordinate annual statistics regarding library cards and circulation statistics for ROCC.
* Connect with either the school administrators or library assistants in Jewell, and Knappa, increasing their input and collaboration in the program. Meet with rural library assistants and/or school administrators serving children from the areas of Knappa, Jewell, Cannon Beach, Lewis and Clark, Gearhart and rural Warrenton areas as time permits.
* Promote ROCC in Jewell and Knappa with a variety of activities such as school and preschool visits and Summer Reading kickoff performers. Plan and coordinate the SRP event(s). Take pictures and video at events as time permits to use for publicity or promotion of ROCC (Include parent release forms)
* As time permits, write grants for ROCC.
* Apply for and administer annual United Way application and process.
* Assist fiscal agent (Seaside Public Library) with writing the section of the Ready to Read grant application and also the portion of the Ready to Read final report that pertains to ROCC.
The scope of work for the ROCC Outreach Contractor is expected to not exceed 770 hours per 12 months from January through December. The amount of hours worked per week is set up on agreement between the contractor and ROCC board. The not-to-exceed total dollar amount for one year total is $18,400. This amount includes all transportation and mileage. Payment will be made quarterly in 4 equal payments of $4,600.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: emoberg at cityofseaside.us
Esther Moberg, CPLA
Seaside Public Library
Seaside, OR 97138
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ROCC job description2021.docx
Size: 17774 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Libs-Or