[Libs-Or] Test prep for WEST-E?

Anastasi, Kathryn KAnastasi at clark.edu
Mon Mar 15 15:30:43 PDT 2021

Hello!

At Clark College, we've been working with a student who's trying to pass the WEST-E 100 Designated World Languages test.

So far, the only study guide/practice we have found is the WEST-E Designated World Languages Preparation Materials: http://www.west.nesinc.com/TestView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/WA100_PrepMaterials.html, which the student said they had. I'm hoping one of you has more experience with students taking this test and/or might have ideas for other content that could be helpful for preparing. These are the specific topics the test covers (more detail at the link above):

  *   Language and Language Development

     *   Structure, purposes and uses of language
     *   Process and sequences in language development
     *   Major concepts of child and adolescent development
     *   Role of developmental stages and sequences

  *   Principles of Lang Instruction, Assessment & Professional Development

     *   Instruction in world language classroom
     *   Assessment in world language classroom
     *   Language proficiency guidelines
     *   Strategies for professional development

Aside from finding information on each of these topics, are you aware of any resources students taking the WEST-E 100 Designated World Languages test use?

Thank you!

-katy

Katy Anastasi (she/her)
Reference & Instruction Librarian