[Libs-Or] Test prep for WEST-E?
joel.parham at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:36:20 PDT 2021
This doesn’t answer your direct question, but here Amazon has a number of WEST test prep items: https://www.amazon.com/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3AWEST-E+Exam+Secrets+Test+Prep+Team&s=relevancerank&text=WEST-E+Exam+Secrets+Test+Prep+Team
Joel Parham, MLIS
Los Angeles, California, USA
joel.parham at gmail.com<mailto:joel.parham at gmail.com>
On 3/15/21, 15:30, "Libs-Or" <libs-or-bounces at omls.oregon.gov> wrote:
At Clark College, we've been working with a student who's trying to pass the WEST-E 100 Designated World Languages test.
So far, the only study guide/practice we have found is the WEST–E Designated World Languages Preparation Materials: http://www.west.nesinc.com/TestView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/WA100_PrepMaterials.html, which the student said they had. I'm hoping one of you has more experience with students taking this test and/or might have ideas for other content that could be helpful for preparing. These are the specific topics the test covers (more detail at the link above):
* Language and Language Development
* Structure, purposes and uses of language
* Process and sequences in language development
* Major concepts of child and adolescent development
* Role of developmental stages and sequences
* Principles of Lang Instruction, Assessment & Professional Development
* Instruction in world language classroom
* Assessment in world language classroom
* Language proficiency guidelines
* Strategies for professional development
Aside from finding information on each of these topics, are you aware of any resources students taking the WEST-E 100 Designated World Languages test use?
Katy Anastasi (she/her)
Reference & Instruction Librarian
kanastasi at clark.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or