[Libs-Or] Apply for Library Freedom Project Crash Courses!

Meredith Farkas meredith.farkas at pcc.edu
Tue Mar 30 14:19:43 PDT 2021

Library Freedom Project is now seeking applicants for our new Crash Courses
program. LFP's Crash Courses are free, two-month online training programs
for
library workers who want to learn practical ways to defend privacy in their
libraries. We have two Crash Courses open for applications now:

Systems and Policies (will run May-June 2021): In this Crash Course, we're
focusing on privacy in library infrastructure. Topics will include: creating
good privacy and data governance policies, conducting privacy audits,
working
with library IT, understanding vendor agreements from a privacy perspective,
and more. It'll cover some technical stuff, but it's intended for library
workers without a formal technical background or role.

Programs and training (will run September-October 2021): In this Crash
Course,
we're learning how to teach privacy to patrons, fellow staff, and other
stakeholders. We'll cover some of the broader privacy landscape out in the
world -- things like consumer technologies, police surveillance, artificial
intelligence -- and discuss how the loss of privacy affects our communities.
We'll learn how to run effective and interesting privacy programs for
various
audiences.

Application questions, deadlines, and other details are on our website:
libraryfreedom.org/crashcourse. BIPOC library workers are strongly
encouraged
to apply. Questions about the program can be directed to
alison at libraryfreedom.org.