[Libs-Or] Innovation is Crucial to Success: Antiracism is Crucial to Innovation

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Wed May 19 08:02:48 PDT 2021

New blog post on Lowrider Librarian:

Innovation is so much more than technology!  True innovation will only come
> when we break the incestuous cycle of white supremacist knowledge
> production.  We need new voices and those voices are standing right here.
> Real innovation will come when people who created Hip-Hop, Jazz, Rock and
> Roll--when the people who created flavor in American cuisine and who pretty
> much generate American culture throughout the continent are involved in
> information production and knowledge creation.  Indigenous, Black, Brown,
> and other people of color will create a groundswell like never before once
> they are allowed to fully function within the academy.  We will change
> education's structures, its techniques, its goals, its meaning.  We are the
> harbingers of change and we are here now.

You can read the rest here
<https://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/2021/05/innovation-is-crucial-to-success.html>
if you like.

Thank you!

Max
--
-
Max Macias [image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in

Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>