[Libs-Or] ACRL-OR Professional Development Scholarship Awarded to Samantha Geary

Candise Branum cbranum at ocom.edu
Fri May 21 09:17:56 PDT 2021

A Spring 2021 ACRL-Oregon Professional Development Scholarship has been
awarded to Samantha Geary. Geary, who works in the children’s room at
McMinnville Public Library, will be using her scholarship to attend the
virtual LIOLA (Leadership Institute) in late July. She is an MLIS online
student with the University of Alabama, expecting to graduate in December 20
21. She's looking forward to making connections with library staff across
the state and for opportunities for self-reflection and growth.

 [image: Samantha Geary.jpg]

------------------------------

<https://acrloregon.org/awards-scholarships/scholarships/#professional>The
ACRL-Oregon Professional Development Scholarship
<https://acrloregon.org/awards-scholarships/scholarships/#professional> is
designed to allow ACRL-OR members the chance to apply for awards to attend
conferences, workshops, courses, seminars, or other learning opportunities
multiple times throughout the year. You can learn more about the many
scholarship opportunities we provide on the ACRL-OR Scholarships page
<https://acrloregon.org/acrl-oregon-scholarships/>.

The ACRL-Oregon Scholarship Committee

Candise Branum, ACRL-OR Past President
David Isaak, Member at Large
Heidi Senior, Private Colleges Representative
Amy Stanforth, Member at Large

*Candise Branum*
Director of Library Services
Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM)
503-253-3443 x134 <(503)%20253-3443>   |   75 NW Couch Street, Portland, OR
97209
<https://maps.google.com/?q=75+NW+Couch+Street,+Portland,+OR+97209&entry=gmail&source=g>
|   library.ocom.edu

*Pronouns: she / her*

*I encourage and respect boundaries that support self-preservation,
well-being, care-taking, and personal time / time off.  **If you receive an
action-oriented email from me during a time when you are practicing and /or
engaged in these activities, please hold your response until you return to
work. *