[Libs-Or] Save the Dates: Upcoming Infopeople Webinars

HANNING Darci C * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Tue May 25 09:59:08 PDT 2021

Greetings!

Please see below for two webinars coming up early in June:

Cheers,
Darci

Introduction to Web Accessibility<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=984&reset=1>, Tuesday, June 1, 2021 (noon - 1:30pm Pacific Time)
A Project Enable Webinar Hosted by Infopeople
Presented by: Laura Solomon

Are you concerned that your library's website isn't meeting accessibility standards? In this 90-minute webinar presented by Laura Solomon, you'll gain an understanding of which guidelines are used to measure website accessibility in the United States, and how to begin to evaluate your own library's site for potential issues. We'll also discuss some common pitfalls and things to avoid.

Topics for this 90-minute webinar include: What accessibility means in a web context, and how it differs from web usability; legal issues surrounding web accessibility and how these can affect libraries; national and international standards commonly used for accessibility evaluations, and which to use, when; an introduction to automated validators and what they can and cannot do; actual code examples for both good and bad implementations of some common HTML elements .

At the end of this webinar, participants will:

*         Know what website accessibility is and why it matters, including from a legal standpoint.

*         Learn of the two main standards used for website accessibility and when to apply them.

*         Understand how automated validators work and what they can and cannot do.

*         Learn several code examples, both good and bad, for increasing accessibility.
This webinar will be of interest to: library workers of all types at all levels of their organizations interested in web accessibility.

For a complete description and to REGISTER NOW: https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=984&reset=1
(Note: The Zoom meeting room limits registration to 100 people)

This webinar is made possible by a Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Lifelong Learning Continuing Education grant and Infopeople, the Califa training arm, in collaboration with Syracuse University and Project ENABLE.

Ten Tips for Managing Conflict<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=981&reset=1>, Wednesday, June 9, 2021 @noon Pacific Time
Presented by: Lisa Maxwell, Director of the Training Institute at the National Conflict Resolution Center

As libraries begin to open their doors and people begin to re-engage in the community, the transition to normalcy may take time. The lack of socialization caused by the pandemic may impact the ability of community members to engage in the public space skillfully. Library staff may be faced with a demanding public as they themselves are adjusting back to work.

This webinar will focus on Ten Tips for Managing Conflict highlighting the ideas and practices that help us navigate the challenges we find in communicating with others. These tips include ideas about what we are thinking, what we are saying, and how we are hearing what the other has to say. As each tip is shared, real-world examples will be highlighted.

At the end of this 60-minute webinar, participants will:

*         Be prepared to navigate challenging conversations with co-workers and patrons.

*         Understand human underlying needs and be able to incorporate that knowledge into their ability to defuse upset individuals.

*         Be more thoughtful in their words and actions when conflicts occur.
This webinar will be of interest to: All library staff who want to learn about ideas and practices around managing conflicts, even for skilled communicators to reflect on why their approach seems to work so well.

For a complete description and to REGISTER NOW: https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=981&reset=1
__________________________________

Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button on the announcement page. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.

Gini Ambrosino
Infopeople Project Assistant
916-690-6595
assist at Infopeople.org<mailto:assist at Infopeople.org>
https://infopeople.org

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
State Library of Oregon
darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3491
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/playlists>
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

[cid:image001.png at 01D7514C.9A57F920]<https://www.northwestdigitalheritage.org/>     [cid:image002.png at 01D7514C.9A57F920]