[Libs-Or] Call for Proposals: Online Northwest 2022 Virtual Conference

Michelle Desilets desilets at pdx.edu
Tue Nov 9 11:03:04 PST 2021

Online Northwest 2022 Virtual Conference Call for Proposals

Online Northwest is pleased to announce we will be hosting a virtual
conference on March 25, 2022. We invite proposals for 30-minute and
60-minute sessions or panels, as well as 5-minute lightning talks, on the
theme: Open Librarianship. We’re taking an expansive view of what Open
Libranship means and how it intersects with library technologies. For more
information, please visit our website <https://onlinenorthwest.org/>.

Details

Online Northwest 2022: Open Librarianship

Deadline: December 17th, 2021 at 5pm

Conference date & location: March 25, 2022 -- Virtual

Registration opens: January 2022

About

Online Northwest is a conference focusing on libraries and the technologies
they use to manage, create, and share information. It is a conference open
for anyone who uses and interacts with information from librarians to
programmers and system administrators. Information about conference
registration will be posted in January 2022.

This year the conference will be held virtually. All presentations and
workshops will be held online.

Online Northwest seeks proposals for 30-minute and 60-minute presentations
and panels, as well as 5-minute lightning talks. Sessions should address
technical, social, and policy issues associated with information
technology, information management, and librarianship. Academic, public,
school, and special librarians are strongly encouraged to submit proposals.

The theme of this year’s conference is Open Librarianship. Possible topics
may include but are not limited to:

   -

   Open Access
   -

   Open Educational Resources (OERs)
   -

   Open Educational Costs
   -

   Open Science/Open and Reproducible Research
   -

   Open Data
   -

   FAIR Data Principles
   -

   Open Public Librarianship

Proposals will be accepted until 5pm on December 17, 2021.

To submit a proposal, follow this link and log in or create an account:
https://pdxscholar.library.pdx.edu/cgi/ir_submit.cgi?context=onlinenorthwest

For more information about Online Northwest, please see our website:
https://onlinenorthwest.org/.

If you have any questions, please contact the conference co-chairs:
Diana J. Castillo - Diana.Castillo at oregonstate.edu

Michelle Deseilets - michelle.desilets at pdx.edu