[Libs-Or] Monthly Technical Services Discussion - Monday 2-3:30

Emily O'Neal emilyo at dpls.lib.or.us
Wed Nov 10 10:52:12 PST 2021

Hello Oregon library community!

Is your library:

?       experiencing delays with receiving new materials,

?       wondering how other libraries are doing technical services work in an ever-changing environment,

?       curious to learn more about various diversity audit tools now on the market,

?       having questions for other technical services staff throughout the state?

The Technical Services Roundtable of the Oregon Library Association began a monthly virtual discussion to promote sharing and learning in the technical services community.  These  conversations are open to all; no membership is required to attend. Bring your ideas and questions. We want to learn from you!  Time at the end of each meeting will be devoted to finding future topics of discussion and facilitators.

November 15 2:00-3:30: Supply Chain Disruptions, facilitated by Emily O'Neal, TSRT past-chair

TBD December 2021: Diversity audit tools and collection development facilitated by Ellie Avis, Multnomah County Library, OLA TSRT presenter

TBD January 2022 and beyond ? the steering committee is looking for ideas for future topics.  What is your library experiencing in acquisitions, cataloging, or collection development?  These are not formal presentations ? we are gathering to share and learn from each other.  We look forward to lively discussions guided by the interests of the group and welcome all perspectives.

This meeting format is inspired by our technical services colleagues in Washington State and is supported by TSRT members of the OLA Technical Services Roundtable Steering Committee. To join TSRT, see the OLA membership<https://www.olaweb.org/join-now> page for details.  Joining TSRT enables members to participate in guiding the organization, planning for conferences, trainings, and discussions.  TSRT grants scholarships annually to support professional development and OLA TSRT membership.  To receive notices about these monthly discussions and other TSRT news and offerings, join the TSRT listserv<https://omls.oregon.gov/mailman/listinfo/ola-tsrt>.  It is open to everyone, no membership is required.

Topic: TSRT Monthly Discussion

Time: Nov 15, 2021 02:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/93261696562?pwd=UHhlZk00WEFYck9IY0RibFFRakV1Zz09

Meeting ID: 932 6169 6562

Passcode: 614566

One tap mobile

+14086380968,,93261696562# US (San Jose) 16699006833,,93261696562# US

+(San Jose)

Dial by your location

        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)