[Libs-Or] transitioning LPs to digital

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Thu Nov 18 17:28:28 PST 2021

Hi Garrett!

This article has a good overview of the how-to: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/how-to-convert-vinyl-to-digital/

A relatively inexpensive option for the turntable would be an Audio Technica LP6-USB turntable. They're usually under $100 and have a USB port that you can connect to a computer or other device and rip the tracks as MP3 or FLAC. I'd personally recommend saving the files as lossless FLAC files; they are larger than MP3s, but won't be as compressed and the sound quality will be better. You can always then convert the files to MP3 or any other file format that's convenient.

[dwsquare2]

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney
LIBRARY DIRECTOR
Pronouns: She/Her/They/Their
__

City of Lincoln City  |  Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101 Ste 201  |  Lincoln City, OR