[Libs-Or] One more week: sign up to be part of the rural EDI Cohorts project

Stephanie Chase acornsandnuts at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 20:02:54 PDT 2021

Hello Oregon library colleagues,

I wanted to send another reminder about the equity, diversity, and
inclusion cohort-based training the Libraries of Eastern Oregon is
organizing. We're accepting applications through October 3 — the application
<https://forms.gle/iD96i7LfB3tG9E6YA> (https://forms.gle/iD96i7LfB3tG9E6YA)
takes less than 5 minutes to complete.

Here are the highlights:

   - The cohorts meet four times: two virtually, and two in person.
   - *The virtual meetings are scheduled for Tuesday, October 19, 2021 from
   8:30am to noon and Thursday, January 13, 2022 from 8:30am to noon.*
   - The in-person meetings will take place between late March and June
   2022, and will be in six regionally-based cohorts in *Grants Pass,
   Lakeview, Prineville, Pendleton, La Grande, and Ontario*.
   - *We estimate you will need to commit to approximately 40 hours of time
   between October 2021 and June 2022 to participate.*
   - *There is no cost to participate*, as the training sessions are free
   and participants will receive a stipend for mileage, meals, and incidentals
   as well as one night of hotel per session. Those who work as solo library
   staff can apply for funds to cover your substitute for both the virtual and
   in-person sessions. You will not receive a bill.
   - *While the focus of the cohorts is on public library service, library
   staff in community colleges and school libraries in eastern and southern
   Oregon are welcome to apply.* We encourage more than one person from a
   library to participate if staffing allows, and *welcome library
   trustees, library advocates, and key volunteers to apply*.
   - *The cohort training will be based on the Oregon Library Association
   <https://ola.memberclicks.net/>'s EDI & Antiracism Committee
   <https://ola.memberclicks.net/ola-edi-antiracism-committee---HOME>'s
recently
   developed and released Anti-Racism toolkit
   <https://www.oregon.gov/Library/libraries/Documents/OLA%20EDI%20Toolkit/OLA_TOOLKIT_Hard_Copy%202021_02_11.pdf>.*

You can learn more about the EDI Cohorts on the Libraries of Eastern
Oregon's website, https://www.librariesofeasternoregon.org/edi-cohorts, as
well as the FAQ for the project, available at
https://www.librariesofeasternoregon.org/edi-faq. You are, of course,
welcome to contact me with any questions as well!

Thank you to all those who have applied, and thank you for sharing this
email with your staff and your networks. This is critical work. Thank you
for investing in it.

This project is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and
Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act,
administered by the State Library of Oregon.

Stephanie Chase
Executive Director, Libraries of Eastern Oregon
PO Box 233, Baker City, OR 97814
541/362.4258
she/her/hers