[Libs-Or] OLA Board Officer News and Call for Candidates

Shirley Roberts sroberts.ola at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 09:59:07 PDT 2022

Greetings,

It is with sadness that I am announcing the resignation of Marci Ramiro-Jenkins from her position as Oregon Library Association Vice President/President-Elect. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Marci for her leadership and service to OLA over the last several years and wish her the best as she pursues a new job opportunity outside of the library field.

OLA will be running a special election to fill the vacancy of the 2021-22 position of Vice President/President-Elect along with the election for 2022-23 officer positions. We are actively seeking candidates for all of these positions, as detailed below.

2021-22 Vice-President/President Elect (2 years)

Complete 2021-22 VP term (6/22-8/22)
Serves as President (9/22-8/23) and Past President for second year.

2022-23 Vice-President/President-Elect (3 years)

Provides leadership for OLA.
Chairs the Executive Board.
Serves as VP/President-Elect for first year (9/22-8/23), President for second year, and Past President for third year.

2022-23 Secretary (1 year)

Keeps records of Executive Board meetings and retreats.
Keeps records of OLA membership meetings.

2022-2025 American Library Association (ALA) Representative (3 years)

Represents OLA on the ALA Council
Advises ALA on committee appointments
To learn more about OLA, please read the Strategic Direction 2020-23 <https://www.olaweb.org/assets/StrategicPlan/2020-23/2020-23_OLA-Strategic-Plan.pdf> and recent Communications <https://www.olaweb.org/communications>, including the OLA EDI Anti-Racism Special Committee Statement <https://www.olaweb.org/assets/Communications/2020-21_communications/OLA%20EDI%20Anti-Racism%20Committee%20Statement_no%20date.pdf> that reflects OLA’s active commitment to being an equitable, diverse, inclusive, and anti-racist organization. We welcome candidates who share these values.

Please contact Kate Lasky, OLA Past President, if you would like to nominate members for any of these roles or are interested in serving yourself. Self-nominations are welcome. Please contact Kate at:  olapastpresident at olaweb.org <mailto:olapastpresident at olaweb.org> .

Thank you,

--

Arlene Weible
Oregon Library Association President, 2021-2022