[Libs-Or] Fwd: [REFORMANET] Black Women Leaders in Librarianship - Cultural Conversations at the Center - Celebrating National Library Week in 2022

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 09:01:59 PDT 2022

FYI

Max

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Twanna Hodge <tkhodge20 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 8:53 AM
Subject: [REFORMANET] Black Women Leaders in Librarianship - Cultural
Conversations at the Center - Celebrating National Library Week in 2022

Hi all,

Please share with your networks.

Honored guests include Safiya Umoja Noble, Ph.D library scholar/researcher,
award-winning author of Algorithms of Oppression, and recent MacArthur
Genius Awardee. Meredith Evans, Ph.D. is the Director of the Jimmy Carter
Presidential Library and Museum. In 2015 Evans became the first African
American woman to be appointed as a presidential library director and in
2018 the 74th President of the Society of American Archivists (SAA). Ms.
Tracie D. Hall is the first African American woman hired to lead the
American Library Association (ALA) as Executive Director. ALA is the
largest professional library organization with a membership totaling close
to sixty thousand members. Rounding out our panel is Nicole Cooke, Ph.D an
award-winning scholar and thought leader in the areas of social justice,
DEI, and misinformation/fake news. She is the Augusta Baker Endowed Chair
and Associate Professor, School of Library and Information Science at the
University of South Carolina.

Registration link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_SljgL3XrSo-n2EZEUvLV0g

For more information:
https://broward.libnet.info/event/6062605?fbclid=IwAR0BAFG0e_us3BOs3olmdca5Sr2IQutN9k9q-L03G1uN2RsP0LtKmTYRPMI

I have nothing to do with this just sharing.
--
Have a wonderful day and week. Stay safe and well.

Take care,
Twanna

Twanna Hodge, MLIS (*she, her, hers)*
* <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4190-3217>*
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Librarian
University of Florida Libraries
2013 Spectrum Scholar
2018 ALA Emerging Leader
tkhodge20 at gmail.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/REFORMANet/CALy9xNiDAJ%2B0pAzx9N1bQc25h%2BmaFfVhXEu_0qK7QsidriS1Lw%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/REFORMANet/CALy9xNiDAJ%2B0pAzx9N1bQc25h%2BmaFfVhXEu_0qK7QsidriS1Lw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.

--
-
Max Macias [image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in

Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>