[Libs-Or] Access to Library Support when State Library building reopens

NIELSEN Buzzy * SLO Buzzy.NIELSEN at slo.oregon.gov
Tue Apr 19 18:40:20 PDT 2022

** Please forgive cross-postings **

Hi folks,

You may have heard that the State Library, along with other State of Oregon agencies, will reopen our building to the public starting on Monday, May 2. Pre-pandemic, some of you occasionally stopped by Salem to visit us. We wanted to give you a heads-up, though, that going forward, Library Support and Development Services staff<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries/Pages/Contact.aspx> for the most part will not work out of the State Library building. Our main job is to reach out to all of you in the library community. Even though we'll be working almost fully remotely, we will continue connecting with y'all virtually or in person.

This is all to say, if you'd like to pay us an in-person visit, please contact us<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries/Pages/Contact.aspx> ahead of time to make an appointment. While there may be staff from the State Library's other great divisions working in the building, such as Talking Book and Braille Library<https://www.oregon.gov/library/print-disabilities/Pages/default.aspx> and Government Information and Library Services<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/collections/Pages/default.aspx>, you'll miss us in Library Support if you stop by unannounced. And we'd be sad to miss you!

In the future, we'll investigate setting up visits to the State Library for the Oregon library community, as we did previously. We have no set plans yet, though, so stay tuned.

Please let me know if you have any questions. We look forward to continuing to support you all in your library work.

Cheers!

Buzzy Nielsen, MPP, MSI (he/him/his)
Program Manager, Library Support & Development Services
State Library of Oregon
buzzy.nielsen at slo.oregon.gov | 971-375-3486
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Logo for the Library Support & Development Services division at the State Library of Oregon]<http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>