[Libs-Or] Yes, for your folks, too! Sunday - Beyond Voting: Elections and Campaign Finance.

dcohen at hevanet.com dcohen at hevanet.com
Wed Apr 20 09:37:41 PDT 2022

Hi all,

Did you know that my sponsors - usually, but not always, libraries - and I
have an arrangement where I allow a generous number of slots for
participants in my workshops and that after an initial period of
registration restricted to patrons/members that it opens to anyone?! So,
feel free to sign up or tell your patrons about upcoming workshops when I
announce on LIBS-OR.

It's really a win-win because with lots of libraries committing to one or
more workshops, then their patrons get to take a workshop they may have
missed at their home library, or a different workshop, elsewhere! Plus, of
course, you all can try out some workshops if you are not yet familiar with
them.

Coming up on Sunday.includes how to find out who is contributing to all the
campaigns we are seeing!

Beyond Voting: Elections and Campaign Finance

Sunday, April 24. Free. Virtual

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd Teacher and Librarian. Civics for Adults.

 <https://wccls.bibliocommons.com/events/622e7ec6dec26636005d0b14>
https://wccls.bibliocommons.com/events/622e7ec6dec26636005d0b14

-Right to vote?

-Voter suppression

-Election 2020 and beyond

-Redistricting / gerrymandering

-Electoral College

-Alternative voting systems

-Campaign financing issues and tracking

In this workshop, I also give a clear picture of the events related to the
effort to undermine the 2020 election. I use hard data and quotes from
judges, etc. It's a fascinating story and might help folks begin to talk
with those who believe that 2020 was stolen. Please pass the word.

Donna

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

dcohen at hevanet.com <mailto:dcohen at hevanet.com>

Civics for Adults - and Others - Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and
Inspire Political Engagement

Webpage www.civicthinker.info <http://www.civicthinker.info>

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/

"My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not
right, not just - stand up, say something, speak up!" Rep. John Lewis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY