[Libs-Or] OLA Awards Announcement

OLA Awards olaawards at olaweb.org
Tue Apr 26 15:07:37 PDT 2022

Hello Oregon Library Community!
As chair of the Oregon Library Association's Awards Committee, I am
delighted to widely announce the recipients of the following awards which
were announced at the OLA Business Meeting April 11, 2022.

President's Award (conferred by President Arlene Weible): *Kate Lasky*

Oregon Librarian of the year: *Marci Ramiro-Jenkins*

EDI Anti-Racism Recognition Award: *Alma Plasencia*

Distinguished Service Award: *Steven Engelfried*

Oregon Library Supporter of the year: *Salem Public Library Foundation*

Children Services Division's Evelyn Sibley Lampman Award:* Cathy Camper*

Public Library Division's Pearl Award:* Ericka Brunson-Rochette*

Congratulations on this well deserved recognition!

This year, we recorded our awards acceptances, so please check those out at
the links below!

*Distinguished Service Award - Steven Engelfried *(award acceptance video
<https://youtu.be/k2ydCrsHAtQ>)
*Library Supporter of the Year Award - Salem Public Library Foundation *(award
acceptance video <https://youtu.be/KxJSuOrwwrg>)
*DEI Antiracism Award - Alma Plasencia (award acceptance video
<https://youtu.be/jWOgBo5QMvI>)*
*Librarian of the year Award - Marci Ramiro-Jenkins (*award acceptance video
<https://youtu.be/WYxsXv-NXaQ>)

OLA Awards Committee:

Elsa Loftis, Portland State University, Chair

Leah Griffith, Newberg Public Library, Retired, Past-Chair

Esther Moberg, Seaside Public Library

Sonja Somerville, Salem Public Library

Karen Muller, Hillsboro Public Library

Emily O’Neal, Deschutes Public Library