[Libs-Or] Our New State Librarian of Oregon

HOOVER Nancy * SLO Nancy.HOOVER at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Feb 11 10:31:14 PST 2022

The State Library of Oregon is pleased to announce that Wendy Cornelisen will join us as our new State Librarian effective March 1, 2022.  Wendy comes to the State Library with over 15 years of progressive leadership positions in libraries. Wendy started her library career as a Reference Librarian in a public library outside of Nashville, TN.  Her next position was managing the Tennessee Electronic Library, a statewide resource, at the Tennessee State Library & Archives.  In 2014, she became the Assistant State Librarian at the Georgia Public Library Service where, in 2021, Wendy served as the Georgia Library Association President.

Wendy has an MLIS from University of Tennessee, Knoxville and a B.S. in Anthropology from Iowa State University. In 2020, she was awarded both the 2020 ALA-ASGCLA** Leadership & Professional Achievement Award and the School of Information Science Alumni Innovator Award.  These were awarded in recognition of her many years of accomplished service to the libraries of Tennessee and Georgia, and for her dedication and leadership in building a state-wide eBook service for Georgia's youngest readers, a service that was heavily used during the pandemic.

For those attending the PLA Conference, Wendy is co-presenting a session titled "The Georgia Approach to EDI: Multiple Agency Initiatives" on Friday March 25 at 3:30. This is part of the session description: "Learn how the Georgia Library Association, Georgia Public Library Service and the Society of Georgia Archivists worked together to develop EDI statements, tools and supports for the public library landscape in our state".

** The Association for Specialized Government and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASGCLA), https://asgcladirect.org/

Nancy Hoover (she, her, hers)
Acting State Librarian
State Library of Oregon
nancy.hoover at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:nancy.hoover at slo.oregon.gov>
Office: 503-378-4367| Mobile 971-283-6681
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[Title: State Library of Oregon]