[Libs-Or] About the Petition to the State Library of Oregon

Taylor Worley taylorlgkw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 23:14:46 PST 2022

Hi all,

I wanted to reach out and thank the folks who have been participating in
this conversation. I have learned a lot over the past few days through
reading your messages and considering everything that's being shared. I
hope other folks are finding it helpful as well. My biggest takeaway is
that it's good to have folks who understand the rules/structures that are
currently in place, however it's also *vital *to recognize when those
systems are flawed/broken and that sometimes spotlighting those faults or
breaking the rules entirely may be the best way to inspire change. (I think
this means my alignment is chaotic good
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)>, despite
what my D&D group would tell you; don't listen to them!)

In direct response folks expressing that they are scared to speak up
publicly, I want to offer my time and energy to anyone who would like to
have a private conversations and learn together. I am *not *an expert and I
mess up constantly, but I find that one on one conversations are incredibly
useful and, generally, much less intimidating/lower-stake than public
forums can feel. All my contact information is in my signature.

Very best,

*Taylor Worley (she/her)                                                 *Youth
Services Librarian
Springfield Public Library
225 5th Street
Springfield, OR 97422