[Libs-Or] Library Freedom Project Calls on OverDrive, Hoopla to Deplatform Holocaust Denial Materials

Charles Wood wuchakewu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 18:47:37 PST 2022

For your evaluation:

"Hoopla Digital and OverDrive are among the most popular streaming,
audiobook, and ebook platforms, with subscriptions in thousands of public
libraries. Without appropriate quality-control and source-vetting, these
vendors are platforming propaganda, including Holocaust denial materials
and other false rhetoric, and making them available to patrons as
nonfiction ebooks. We demand full accountability for how these materials
were selected for inclusion on the platforms and more transparency in the
companies’ material selection processes going forward. These materials do
not belong in a popular public library collection. We call upon our fellow
library workers to join us in this demand in holding our vendors
accountable."

https://www.infodocket.com/2022/02/22/library-freedom-project-calls-on-overdrive-hoopla-to-deplatform-holocaust-denial-materials/