[Libs-Or] The Black Librarian in America (Schomburg Center Panel Discussion video)

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 09:45:24 PDT 2022

The recently released book, The Black Librarian in America: Reflections,
Resistance, and Reawakening is the latest in the powerful line of The Black
Librarian in America series started by the pioneering Black Librarian, E.J.
Josey, over fifty years ago. This newest volume—the first edition to be
edited entirely by Black women librarians—explores multiple themes: from
Black library history, to activism, to Afrofuturism. Join us for this
program as the authors and editors explore the varied themes in The Black
Librarian in America and the current state and future of Black
Librarianship. A Reception will follow. This event is part of the Schomburg
Center Literary Festival: Reading the African Diaspora celebrates authors
of African descent and champions literacy and books across genres to
amplify Black history and culture.
[You can watch the presentation here <https://youtu.be/JJqe5YC-xT8>.]

--
-
Max Macias [image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in

Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>