[Mes] ODOT Chief Equity Officer Recruitment

MENG Brandy * DAS Brandy.MENG at oregon.gov
Mon Dec 30 12:29:20 PST 2019

ODOT is seeking a proactive, transformational leader who will advocate for equitable practices in all dimensions of our agency's work to join our executive team as our Assistant Director for Social Equity/Chief Equity Officer. The person in this role will work closely with the director, executive management, leaders and professionals across the agency to champion equity practices and provide counsel on strategies to drive desired outcomes.

This new leader will be responsible for creating policy and leading efforts that will focus on:

*        Working with hiring managers and Human Resources to recruit, retain, and train teams across the agency to understand, represent, and look like the communities we serve.

*        Expanding our efforts to provide contracting opportunities for disadvantaged business owners.

*        Increasing our awareness to better align our transportation decisions with community desires, especially in historically marginalized communities.
This position will lead the new Office of Social Equity, which has the primary charge of institutionalizing equity, diversity and inclusion practices in agency programs, policies, performance and priorities. The Office of Social Equity ensures equitable project and service delivery and contracting practices for all of Oregon's communities with a specific focus on communities of color and other communities historically marginalized by government policies.

Please see the job announcement<https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Transportation-Building---ODOT/Assistant-Director-for-Social-Equity--Chief-Equity-Officer-_REQ-28285> for more information and share with those who may be interested.

For questions, call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM at odot.state.or.us<mailto:odotrecruitmentEM at odot.state.or.us>.