[Or-srp] Wednesday, September 15th Links

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Wed Sep 16 11:01:21 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

It's been a tough week - on yesterday's call<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JKf5IS476XORCmunpRnm7_fLXcqOfbGj4tj7Gstpdug/edit?usp=sharing> Isaac from Happy Valley talked about how experiencing the wildfires feels like those first weeks of the pandemic, when days were very long and we were not sure what to do first or how to respond. It is such a tough time on top of an already challenging year and I so appreciate all your efforts right now to continue working to help your communities.  I don't have any magical-make-it-all -better ideas, but I have been appreciating Liz Climo's work<https://lizclimo.tumblr.com/>, and listening to Stax Records<https://staxrecords.com/playlists/> playlists. If you can take a quick break with an artist in some way today, it may help!

I also wanted to share this resource from Trauma Informed Oregon<https://traumainformedoregon.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Considerations-for-COVID-19-Trauma-Informed-Response.pdf> about the work environment that came out at the beginning of the pandemic - this may be useful to revisit in the wake of the wildfires.

I'll be out the next few days but will be back for office hours next Tuesday, I hope you are all staying safe and well until then.

Best,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D68C19.26C34210]