[Or-srp] Wednesday February 3rd Mental Health Support

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Feb 3 15:16:56 PST 2021

Hello everybody,

At yesterday's office hours<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uSzEwJ9jbkuEt3X7gdBmCBmHOANuWocthTHOOcLYBjU/edit?usp=sharing>, a few big themes emerged: Managing relationships with co-workers, feeling like we're on a team working together when we are not able to be our best selves in this pandemic - Communication can be both easier and harder in a virtual environment. Additionally, we talked about missing tangible feedback, especially from kids, sharing about how they liked that book you suggested, etc, and how that may influence our capacity to continue work or make good decisions about work with still so many unknowns. While we understand logically that the pandemic won't last forever, this time is still extremely challenging mentally and emotionally. This is not the same as a one-time accident/event, it's impacts are ongoing and cumulative, and that is so hard! I hope you are able to be kind to yourself and others this afternoon as we are all still figuring out how to keep moving forward in this space.

You may already know about the Oregon Stay Safe and Strong<https://www.safestrongoregon.org/> site and refer people there, but in case you don't, there are good mental health resources available in multiple languages, and a mental health support line to call if needed. You do not have to be experiencing a mental health crisis to use the Safe and Strong hotline.

Take good care,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT
Youth Services Consultant
971-375-3549 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D6FA3F.9ADD5B10]