[Or-srp] Friday, February 5th Shout out to North Bend

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Feb 5 10:55:34 PST 2021

Hello there,

Happy Friday! I wanted to send a shoutout to the Coast! This spring, North Bend Public Library will do a teen community reads program<https://kval.com/news/local/north-bend-library-sets-up-reading-program-for-high-school-students> as a way to talk about drug addiction. We know last spring there was a spike in drug overdose related deaths<https://www.oregon.gov/oha/ERD/Pages/OHA-sees-70-percent-increase-in-Oregon-opioid-deaths-during-April-May.aspx> in Oregon, and addiction can be a hard thing for our communities to address. If you are interested in public health outcomes, the County Health Rankings<https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/oregon/2020/overview> project from the University of Wisconsin offers great data on all states and counties that may be useful.  Thanks to North Bend staff for working with their high school in one small way to address a community challenge, and thanks to all of you for working on hard things. I hope you are able to take a time out to rest this weekend.

Take good care,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT
Youth Services Consultant
971-375-3549 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D6FBAD.6D3FF3B0]