[OSFA] Board of Directors

FLOWERS Clayton A Clayton.A.FLOWERS at odot.state.or.us
Mon Apr 14 14:20:17 PDT 2014

Good Afternoon,

We are fast approaching the Oregon State Fiscal Association (OSFA) annual Training Conference and Business Meeting scheduled for Tuesday May 6th.

As a reminder, OSFA was formed late in 1988 to promote employee professionalism and encourage professional development among state employees. This statewide, non-profit organization is composed of fiscal employees from all levels of the state's work force.

One of the items conducted at the Business Meeting is the election of the new members to the Board of Directors.

We have three members who will continue on the Board for the next year.  Melody Taber (ODOT) will continue as Treasurer, Mark Hubbard (Forestry) and Clay Flowers (ODOT) will be the President.

That leaves four board positions open to be filled and we have received one letter of interest to date.

On behalf of Melody, Mark and myself, we are asking for you to seriously consider joining us on the Board.  It is a unique opportunity for you to grow and develop as a person and as a financial professional.  Given that is why the Association exists, you would be contributing to our membership with your time and commitment and well as to your own personal and professional growth.

The time commitment is fairly minimal.  We will have a two hour planning session after work, tentatively scheduled for Tuesday May 20th.  We generally do not meet during the summer and we resume our Board meetings in September.  The monthly Board meeting is during the noon hour and we will be meeting at the Transportation Building on the Capital mall.  We migrate to two meetings per month (if required) in March and April prior to the next annual training conference. During our time from September through March, we are actively working on the planning for the next annual training conference.

As a firm believer and supporter of training and development, I could not pass up the opportunity to volunteer and serve on the Board for a second time. I can honestly say that seeing the results of your work being enjoyed by the membership is a truly rewarding experience.   Also, there is tremendous satisfaction knowing that you contributed and, hopefully, made a difference in someone's life by volunteering.

I'm asking for each of you to consider becoming a member of the Board.  It is a worthwhile experience and you would not regret the time spent on the Board.

If you have any questions about being a Board member, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Clay
Clayton Flowers, CGFM, OPMA
OSFA President-Elect
503-986-3967
FAX 503-986-4141

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Clay
Clayton Flowers, CGFM, OPMA
Financial Policy and Compliance Manager