[OYAN] OASL conference, October, Seaside: looking for presenters

Kris Lutsock kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us
Thu Jun 30 15:30:53 PDT 2011

Do you want to be a presenter at the Oregon Association of School Libraries (OASL) Fall Conference, on October 14-15 in Seaside, Oregon?  I don't have the exact date and time yet for OYAN's presentation/s, but start thinking if you would like to take a day trip to Seaside and/or have a program you'd like to present.   You can participate in one of two ways:

1.        Assist with the OYAN Book Rave-  This will be a retelling of the Book Rave OYANers presented at the OLA Conference in Salem.  The Raves have already been written, so you will not even have had to read the books.   If you use what is already written, it will be a good chance to practice the presentation techniques of booktalking.

2.       Have a presentation you'd like to give to school librarians?  OYAN can present both the Book Rave and possibly one other program.  Have an idea?  Let me know and I'll run it by the conference organizers.

Let me know if you are interested.  Kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us<mailto:Kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us>

Also, don't forget to submit a name or names for the upcoming OYAN best-of graphic  novel list.  Other than the pride my mother would undoubtedly feel for her oldest son, the Lutsock List probably isn't the greatest of names.  E-mail me your suggestions.

Kris Lutsock
Oregon Young Adult Vice Chair/Chair Elect
McMinnville Public Library
225 NW Adams St.
McMinnville, OR 97128
503-435-5572