[OYAN] Graphic Rave Voting - Round 2!
GLASS Traci L
Traci.L.Glass at ci.eugene.or.us
Fri Aug 3 11:00:48 PDT 2012
At our recent Summer OYAN meeting, we determined 10 of the 15 titles for this year's Graphic Rave. We still have space for five more deserving titles.
Please look over this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GN8DM6S
Read all that you can, and vote for your favorite five by September 1st!
Three things to remember:
1. There are certain criteria that must be met with the 15 books on our list. By doing this second vote, we will be adding 5 more books that will complete the list and fulfill all of our designated criteria. As a reminder, here's a list of criteria:
a. A wide variety of genres is desirable. It may include fantasy, suspense, mystery, historical fiction, science fiction, romance, sports, adventure, animal stories, growing up, contemporary realism, poetry and non-fiction. A title may fulfill more than one criterion. The following will be mandatory each year:
* At least one non-fiction title
* At least three titles published by a non-major publisher.
* At least three titles published by publisher located in the Pacific Northwest.
* At least three trade collections of comics originally released as separate issues.
* At least three titles created in the Manga style.
* At least three titles should be published by a major publisher.
b. A variety of books for younger and older teens must be included.
c. A balance between male and female protagonists is desirable.
d. Multiple titles by the same author may be considered if each title is in a different genre.
e. Only one title in a series will be considered per year (it does not need to be the first volume).
f. The list should reflect multicultural diversity.
2. Please, please only use the "no" vote if you feel a certain book is very inappropriate for this list - not just something you don't personally like.
3. Remember the booklist serves 6th-12th grades, so everything on the list is appropriate for Graphic Rave.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Teen Services Librarian
Eugene Public Library
100 West 10th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401
traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us<mailto:traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OYAN