[OYAN] FREE online training videos for teen services (longest video is only 8 minutes!)

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Jan 17 11:30:19 PST 2012

Hi!  I just learned about a good, free professional development resource from ALA's Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA).  They have created and will continue to create video-clip trainings on library services to teens and related topics. Currently, the longest video is just under 8 minutes long so you can more easily fit videos into your busy schedule. They call this online training resource YALSA Academy<http://www.youtube.com/yalsa1957>.

I just viewed a couple of the videos. Based on my limited experience, I think the:

*         Animations are pretty good,

*         Computerized text-to-speech is choppy at time, and

*         Information is very good!