[OYAN] Are teens replacing Facebook with another social networking tool?

Kristy Kemper Hodge kkhodge at ccrls.org
Thu Apr 11 18:10:27 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I've been just learning about teens moving away from Facebook as a social
networking tool of choice, and wondered if you have found this to be the
case of teens in your libraries? And, if so, if they are talking about
other online hang-outs or social media tools that they're using?

I've found some interesting articles, like this
one<http://www.buzzfeed.com/jwherrman/are-teens-abandoning-social-networks>and
this
one<http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/10/facebook-still-reigns-supreme-with-teens-but-social-media-interest-dwindling/>,
about national trends, but wondered about connecting with local teens and
their trends. Any insight for a n00b librarian??

Thanks!
Kristy
*
Kristy Kemper Hodge*